Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This is becoming regular

It looks like my regular posts seem to be about 1 a month. I really will try to post more often in the future but I keep saying that so for now expect once a month type frequency. I will keep the same format as last time it seemed to work well.

Mom & Baby
We started having doctors appointments every week, the baby is measuring perfectly, 36cm's at 36 weeks, 37 @ 37, 38 @ 38, should be around 7.5 pounds if we go to 40 weeks, so she is not as big as we though. Mailie is happy to hear that and so am I. The baby is still kicking like crazy, blowing our minds with the strength of the kicks and stretches. Mailie is complaining more then ever, with summer here its incredibly hot and I had to install an air conditioner in our room... that was fun. She is very swollen all over but her hands and feet are the worst. Her feet are swollen so much that they remind me honestly of my granny's feet, which is not a good thing. They don't hurt her any more then usual and her blood pressure is fine so nothing really to worry about, just inconvenient. Other then that, still in high spirits, the birth and baby classes we have been going to have been quite helpful in making us more excited then scared about the baby coming... which could be anytime now.

Work & Money
Work is starting to pick up, we sold our Kincora listing and one of the Springbank Hill Villas so if everything closes fine then that should be around $8k, which is more then I made in 3 months at TNS so it could be worse. We caught a buyer from our Garrison Green listing and also landed another builder with 1 to sell now at full commission (12k) and another next year. Amazing house, I love it and want to buy it... but its $679k so I need to sell a few others first! Otherwise Mailie has finished work, so we are now waiting patiently for our pittance of Maternity pay to start coming middle of next month. Savings are dwindling but they are still there...

Gym & Personal
I have not done as well as last month but am not doing too badly. Mailie is now on Mat leave, and her niece Alexe got here last Wednesday. So since then I have only been to the gym once, it seems really hard to find the time....Its OK my body could probably use a few extra days off so I am not stressing it yet, but I do need to find a new schedule that works for me. Spirits are high in the house, still lots of laughing but we are clearly stressed out, a little short tempered and Mailie never had any patience to begin with. I try to keep it all light and smiles and I think I do a good job. We just bought a card game called Killer Bunnies, and tried to play it tonight, I personally think it will be tons of fun if anyone gives it a chance. It is a bit complicated to get a first but seems super fun. We are going over to John & Sues for a BBQ on Saturday which I think will be lots of fun and we are looking forward to it. Trying to do fun things with Alexe, been to the beach, to chinook, to our favorite Sushi place etc. Still debating over buying a Wii. We sold a bunch of crap and made about $500 from Kijiji so we have the money now but still don't want to spend it! Anyways in short things could always be better but are still Great!
And yes I do mow the lawn every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute, we would love to hear what you have to say!