Friday, June 26, 2009

Sorry

I know there are some of you who like to read our blog to check up on our lives and I have to apologize for the complete lack of dedication on my part lately.
I am going to try and sum up since the last post over 3 weeks ago in categories.

Mom & Baby:
We have had 2 doctors appointments in the last 3 weeks as ordered. Everything is normal and I am actually starting to become impressed with our doctor... which is a complete change of tunes for me. Normally we have to wait for over an hour to get in the room, then another hour until she comes to see us, making our trip usually just over 2 hours... we literally have to pack a lunch. This last time we were in and out in about 45 minutes which I find acceptable. She seemed like a real bitch before (excuse my language) and the truth is she is... that being said she has been nice to us these last two appointments. Also she was Bang on with two things. First Mailie had a lump in her breast and was concerned, so at the first appointment the doctor checked it out, and said "it seems like a blocked tube, here is a ultrasound requisition form, if its still there in 2 weeks go for an ultrasound but I think it will go away" she was right, on 2nd appointment it was gone. Secondly Mailie's right hand has been hurting terribly and going numb and all kinds of strange things, she told this to the doctor who asked her a few questions, then said immediately its carpal tunnel syndrome, these 3 finders feel numb, this is what happens when I touch here etc... was bang on and I admit I was impressed.
Baby is good, measuring up nicely (I think still a bit big) and is in a head down position which is awesome. She has been kicking up a storm lately and causing Mailie to say "Ouch!" a lot haha. I swear I basically had her foot in between my fingers and I felt so close to her it was incredible. Mailie is tired and sore but altogether holding up pretty well and in good spirits.
She has made a new friend which I think is awesome. Her work hired a replacement for part of her job while she is on Maternity leave. Her name is Jenn and she is from Quebec City near where Mailies sister lives, so they hit if off right away. She seems like a genuinely good person and someone who appreciates Mailies friendship.
We had our first Birth & Baby prenatal Class this Tuesday... it was "Interesting" not at all what I expected, basically a bunch of couples listening to a British lady babel on about labor etc. Most of the couples seem completely clueless and we feel a bit out of place. I still think we will get something useful out of it... and we already paid so there you have it. The one thing I really don't like is that it is terribly far away (about 45 minutes) cost $7.50 in parking every time and we don't get home until 10PM...
Also Mailie & I both went for massages at spice for an incredible deal of only $35 for an hour (I managed to talk him into 1.5 hours) Seems like a pretty good massage therapist and we both enjoyed it and will be going again this time for $50/hour.

Work/Money
Our financial situation is not as good as it could be... we are in no fear of going into debt or anything but our savings are slowing going down. Mailie is stressing about it and I admit I am a bit too.
That being said, Dean and I now have 3 listings, 1 of them a builder with 7 units in total to sell so things are looking up. I have several potential buyers, all at the hand holding stage but all with some potential to buy in the near future.
We are trying to implement the "Jar" system of saving/spending. We have divided our essential and non essential spending up and will draw from different accounts depending on the type of spending we will be doing. Our spending is still way out of control in my opinion with our average spending over the last 6 months being $7,200/month... insane...
Mailie going on Maternity leave will put even more strain on our finances, but I think things should start paying off soon enough with Real Estate that we should be fine... not flourishing like I want to be, but at least keeping our head above water for the time being.

Gym:
That is one area I have managed to keep up, I have been going at least 3 usually 4 times a week now for 3 months again and I truly feel great (SORE AS HELL BUT GREAT)
I have started to push myself a lot again with heavier and more intense workouts that are paying off. Although I am still weighing in around 250, I have put a lot of muscle back on and have shifted some weight back from my gut to my chest. I am still WAY bigger in the belly than I want to be, but for now until Mailie is ready to ease up on the eating of junk, I am content to put on some muscle and plan for the future.
My left shoulder has been giving me a ton of grief and I had not been able to do shoulders for almost a month, it was also affecting my chest exercises as basically i was unable to lift my left arm above my head and push...This week is honestly just said to hell with it, its not getting better anyways and just worked through the pain, after the first set it became better so maybe that's just what it needed. Right now I can barely move and am very happy.

Personal:
I went to a "Stregies for Success" seminar, and listned to an accountant and a marketing guru talk about how to improve profits in your business. I got free prime rib lunch and ended up winning the draw for a nice canteen and a calculator (the canteen is pretty sweet, and I did need one) Their premise is they evaluate your company, tell you how to improve efficiencies, do more/different marketing, increase your prices, and then go on this big thing about making more sales, getting your sales staff to perform better... I was the one putting in the most input and at the end on the feedback sheet I wrote that the person they are missing in their team is someone who can evaluate their staff, train their sales guys, and improve the efficiency of their salary workers.... basically they need ME... I did note that I would be willing to consult... we will see where it goes, I don't expect anything.
Weekends are now full with open house at the Builders show home... it was crazy busy last weekend with almost 50 couples/people through and it was very positive. It is advertised in the herald, and told of signs and lots of good traffic from people who need to sell their houses in a community where an entry level house is over 1/2 Mil. These houses we are selling are $650-750 with retired living in mind, 50+ community with bareland condo's with beautiful bungalows ranging from 1500 sqft to 3300 walkout basement. Top of the line everything with huge en suites, granite, in floor heating, hot water on demand etc... just gorgeous.
On a side note, the deal I had in the works for TNS has fell through, they were unable to get the lease for the equipment, so there goes a $5,000 commission + around $200/month residual. O well... Shit happens.
To end on a high note, Mailie's mother and niece have booked their tickets to come visit. Iane will be here from the 2nd to the 19th of August and Alexe from July 15th for 3 weeks. AND I finally found a lawn mower... an awesome 4.0 HP 2 in 1 with mulcher and bag + a basically new Weed Wacker FL20 (good one) with a 1/2 tank of gas which rips the heck out of stuff... all for $80 delivered! I am such a good salesman.
I mowed the lawn, weed wacked, pulled weeds from our stones in the back, sprayed the ones I could not pull, and then last night I watered the lawn..> I am a homeowner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute, we would love to hear what you have to say!