Wednesday, April 29, 2009

History - Night of the Fire - 1

On May 15th 2008 at around 12:30Am I woke up with the strange sensation "Snap Crackle Protein" I got up and went to the cupboard to get a protein shake or bar or whatever. I can still hear this crackling noise. Thinking it was someone having a bonfire, I go to my balcony and go outside (I was naked) - Saw an Ambulance accross the street driving Very slowly but no fire below... ducked back inside (Again i was naked...) Waited for the Ambulance to speed up and drive away and went back out onto my balcony. Looked around for the fire and saw on my neighbor to the right (south) that her balcony had a small fire going on it... maybe a foot and a half high. So I went back inside and got dressed... pondered for a few minutes what to do and went out into the hall. The lady from nextdoor was out there too and we both looked at each other and she sais "My balcony is on fire!" I said "I know I saw it!" Then I go back inside... she goes and sets off the fire alarm.
I go inside and start thinking what I will need in case the place burns down... (NO I DID NOT THINK TO GO GET A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!)
Grabbed my wallet, phone, watch and walked out the door again... hung around in the hallway hoping my super sexy neighbor accross the hall would come out to see what was going on. She did after a minute or so (in her cute pijamas), and I said ya there was really a fire on the balcony!. She went back inside for a sec and then we went and banged on a few doors, then went downstairs. We stayed together and she was cold (or at least ACTED cold) and I put my arm around her. She clung to me and we watched for a while as the fire spread. The fire trucks got there and I tried to tell them where the fire started etc... they insisted on bringing the hose all the way through the appartment, up 3 flights of stairs and down the hall... by that time the fire had spread quite a ways. I went to try and get some water out of my car but they would not let me by. Mailie was chatting with some other people, I came back and put my arm around her again!... Eventually they put out the fire... Brought a bus up for us to chill in for a while as they "secured" the building. We sat together on the bus and chatted a bit. ... This whole time she is stressing out and worried and all this and I am simply exstatic that I am holding onto this beautiful woman, thinking nothing but possitive things and have a HUGE smile on my face, talking about how the fire is only destroying physical possesions etc.
Mailie did not have a place to stay so I invited her to stay at my friend Miles house which was just a few minutes away. She agreed and we continued to wait unti we could get into the appartment to see the damage and see if we could recover any of our things before leaving.
We finally got into the appartment at 3ish or something like that (Mailie pointed out that we were holding hands at this point, I am sure she will comment). My wall was burn in my bedroom and roof had collapsed onto my bed, Mailies appartment was flooded by otherwise OK. We took a look then went to my car to go to Miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contribute, we would love to hear what you have to say!