Saturday, May 23, 2009

Long Time

Its been a week since my last blog post on here!
On Saturday I did an open house... very slow, then Mailie and I went and bought a patio set at Home Depot (Awesome glass table & 4 chairs for only $150! Special Buy)
We could not fit the dang thing in our car so I called John with his Pacifica and asked if they could come a bit earlier and pick up the table for us. We then went and got the food for the bbq and met them back at Home Depot to load up the Patio Set.
We had the family over, John and Sue along with Jon and Guinevere for some Bison burgers. I added Worcester sauce and they turned out very well.
John & Sue ended up picking up, delivering, and setting up the Patio Set while we got the food ready, they both ate two burgers as compensation.
Guinevere is Pregnant, so we are going to have two new Ashby's in the world next year which is just awesome!
We went to the doctor again on Thursday, just a regular checkup but always good to hear the babies heartbeat. Oh and I went to the dentist for the first time in at least 6 years (I think it has been more like 8) I am now covered under Mailie's benefits and for the first time in my life I have coverage!! WOOHOO its a bloody good thing because it cost $472 to clean my freaking teeth!
After 6+ years of no dentist, I have NO cavities and the hygienist told me I had the best gum's she had seen in years.
I started working full time at home on Thursday, it was a slow start but I got a few appointments already so I am sure it will not take me long to get back in the groove.
This morning we had the lady from the insurance company show up and take our blood, urine, and blood pressure. All seemed good. We had to fast - not eat - for as long as possible before she arrived. *we scheduled her for 10am on saturday morning figuring we would just wake up when she got here and all would be good...* I was fine but Mailie had to eat, so 45 minutes before the lady got here I made Mailie her shake... I hope the results are still ok! Mailie had nice low blood pressure and mine was bang on normal 120/70.
I tried to get the lawn mower running (the people we bought the house from left theirs behind). I borrowed some gas from Mark next door and together we tried getting the blasted thing going... to no avail... 300 Pulls and a big blister later I gave up and borrowed his, which started in 1 pull! Try again next weekend I guess...That's about it for the week.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Chris,
    First, my apologies for contacting you in this way but I could not locate a contact email address on your blog. I'm a Ph.D candidate at the University of Calgary and my thesis research is focused on blogging. I'm looking for Calgary (or Southern Alberta) based bloggers to take part in small focus group discussions to help with this research. For details of the project and of participation please see my research website at: http://ucalgary.ca/ggaden/
    If you are interested in the project and would consider participating or if you have any questions about the research, please email me at ggaden@ucalgary.ca
    Thank you and Best Wishes,
    Georgia Gaden

    ReplyDelete

Please contribute, we would love to hear what you have to say!